today didn't start out as early as yesterday in terms of going out, but i was still busy
Le kim had sent an sms yesterday asking if I could get in touch with his office because he was in Khartoum without internet access and couldn't reach his contact person. So, I got up, read my emails from work because I wanted to make sure I could cancel the insurance of my parents car. It can be done. I'll have to do it next week though. Which is a pity because the refund takes about 3-5 days. I could use some additional money now!
Its so cool, Leo had made this excel programme which should help me out with my budget. Although from what I see is that I spend a lot! and I had to ask for money from my parents because I seriously cannot afford it. I do want to make it on my own however I'm still reasonable and I know when to ask for help.
I sent an email to Le Kim's office, I called up the car shop and they told me that the front disk break was completely run in. I would need to change the front ones, and of course they would do the usual service (filter, air, oil, etc) and it would be €300 total. That's a lot of money that I don't have especially since my mom reminded me that my insurance was up and I had to pay $722. I was really in over my head.
My dad was still upset over last night and had taken the car and gone to work just to get out of the house. My mom and I needed to do somethings. For one thing, I needed to get my dollars! I was going to give my mom the cash so they would pay it in the Philippines, we needed to get back that thing that got my dad so upset yesterday. We needed to make sure everything was ready for the container. Carless, we did the only thing we could. We called Tanching to pick us up at home and take us to the embassy where we'd take dad's car. We passed by the car shop and they told us that the car would be ready by 3pm. So mom and I went off to WFP, to get money and we ran into a lot of people who told me that I looked so different. I guess I looked relaxed and everything. Infact they had noticed that too and mentioned it. It made sense to everyone when I told them I had the day off. I guess I must looked really harrassed during the normal working day.
We got the money and I even got to change the dollar my mom already had on her (40 pieces of $1). From there we went to Parco Leonard just to pass time. It was only 1 and we had two hours before the car was ready. We bought Celia two watches, one was for her and one was for my Aunt Luming, from Swatch. Around 1.30, mom and I started to eat in a japanese restuarant. Our phones started ringing. Mondo convinenza called saying they wanted to deliver the replacement for the damanged goods to the house. I started to panic because they had to deliver it straight to the movers. Meanwhile, my dad was calling as he wanted to know where we were and if we were on our way to the embassy because he wanted to go home.
We hurried eating our lunch, much to the surprise (and possibly annoyance) of the cashier, we only ate 5 (small) plates - the norm for people who eat there is to consume around 20 plates per person. I sped off into the direction of my sulking father who was calling even while I was driving to ask if we were on our way. So anyway, we get to the embassy, pick my dad up and I went up the hill to turn around. The mechanics shop was walking distance from the hill so it was ok. But just to illustrate how pissed off my father was. He got into the car and my mom and I got out. We told him that we were going to the other place and if he wanted to come. He grumpily replied, where would we part the other car. (mom later insisted that that was still dads way of showing he was interested). I really don't want to feel bad towards my parents, so if my dad was going to be difficult, better that he didn't come. My dad left us walking down towards the car shop (which was about 5-10minutes walk). My mom and I started walking and I was thinking, why doesnt he offer us a ride? granted, its not far, but still...it was hot. To my surprise my dad caught up with us, slowed down, rolled down the window and said, bring back that thing you brought yesterday. ohkay. we're not even going to get the offer.
Anyway, we got the car, it was ready when we got there. We then embarked to go across Rome to Ciampino. We made it in good time (past 4) stayed for 10-15minutes then headed towards the Vatican as my mom had to buy some rosaries and her kumare had asked this morning for mom to buy her a Mama Mary Statue.
It was past 6 when mom and I had finished buying all that we need, and we were in dire need of a bathroom! We zoomed home (made it in by 7), to find my dad in a much better mood. Had dinner and rested up. I finally got to talk to Leo properly tonight. But we hung up before 10 hoping we'd both got to sleep early and rest up. Funnily enough we're still awake and online!
Tomorrow has to be a day trip. I'm thinking of taking my parents to San Gimignano. Its not too far, but far enough. We can do a day trip without getting too tired.
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment