Tuesday, August 07, 2007

all by myself....

and so the day has finally arrived, my parents have left. My dad's tour of duty here in Italy has come to an end.
i thought i was tired enough not to comprehend that my parents were leaving. I've been so busy these past few days I hardly had time to think and reflect. i woke up this morning and took a shower and got ready to go to the airport...it was so routine. So mechanical, driving for my parents. My dad's colleagues were there as well to wish them off. But when it came to my parents entering the departure gates, they waited outside while I went in (I wasn't suppose to, but I went in anyway) and I walked with them for a bit. Then it hit me, they were going. I would come home to an empty house (technically, celia, the helper is still here with me-oh and yes, even though i've given her leway into my room she's already claimed it for herself. in anycase...). There would be no more mom and dad to come home to. No fights I'd ever hear....no laughter of my parents either. No complaints of the day...these little things, the things that get to me ALL the time, won't be there anymore. I am truly alone.
*sniff*sniff* *wipes tears away*
I came home and moved rooms! I didn't realize I had so much stuff. Celia helped me out, she helped a LOT. I didn't get everything done, but my day to day wear was moved. I haven't fixed up my study table yet. But I'll do that tomorrow after work.
On a different note, happy birthday Bubba and Madz! Both of them turn 26 today. Oh, and got in touch with Noel, he's engaged and will marry some time next year!

No comments: