Sunday, August 05, 2007

getting back


Mom the tourist guide


Dad makes new friends


Family picture inside the church


Me at Rene and Mela's (employers!) house

We came back from our trip, where drama was never short of supply.
My parents of course did not tell me the night before that they were planning to see Rene and Mela up in Prato (near Florence) and so it was quite a surprise for me when they woke me the next morning and told me the destination.
With no rush we set out to go towards Firenze. Only to find out on our way that we were supposed to go towards Lucca-Pisa. Now while gettting lost and having Rene and Mela wait for us (they wanted us to arrive after 3, we were aiming for 5) I spoke to Rene and found out that we were supposed to go towards "Viareggio" argh! it was more dramatic on saturday. I'm just tired to write it all down now. Anycase we got there around 7.30 and Rene picked us up. We had dinner at their employers summer house, it was really impressive. but we slept in the employers house in Prato. I had started driving since 9.30 am! gosh, anyway, we had dinner around 8.30 rested up a bit, then left for Prato which was an hours drive a way. We got there around 11.30, and they showed us where we were to sleep. The employers house had 3 kids, and each of us slept in each of their rooms. I got the elder sons room, where there were glow in the dark stars nicely embedded on the walls and ceilings. :)
I got lucky, because I've always wanted to have a room like that. Since I can't have it, I can sleep in one like it though! We of course stayed up talking and we went to bed past 1.30. Leo called me and I went to sleep past two! My mom woke me up by 9am the next morning, we had breakfast, cleaned up, sang a bit of karaoke and went to the outlet.
I was able to buy a cute bag, Bruno Magli, black leather for just one hundred euro! Original price was €340. Of course now I'm even more broke then before! We went back to Prato for lunch and then we headed towards Rome. Mom wanted to stop by a different outlet, Valdichiana and she bought a Guess watch. Made it to Rome past 8. I was dead tired so I skipped Steve's barbeque.
Today, we went to the bank because we had to pay a charge which we didn't understand what for. And we attended mass at the Vatican. From there we went to Gulliver and GS to buy my mom's last minute bilins. By 4, my head was killing me, I had to sleep. Now, we have people over and I'm just not sociable. Tomorrow, I have to take them to the airport and come home to fix the stuff. I'm moving all my things into my parents room. ARGH!...more stuff to do.
I can't believe it, I've taken a total of 10 working days leave, four was with Leo in Ischia, a vacation. The other 6 days have been completely devoted to my parents and their errands!...and if you think it'll stop when they go, well, they've left me some other things to do as well.....

No comments: