I was gazing out of the kitchen window as I was drying off the last plates
of lunch. The sun was out and tempting everyone to do the same. I surveyed quickly the damage in the kitchen. It wasn't much. A bit of chocolate syrup here. A half eaten apple left on the kitchen table. At least lunch was over. Just had to clean up, then I could take a nice hot bath. Maybe I'll turn off the lights and just light a scented candle. Maybe I could convince Leo to join me...maybe... A squeal from outside woke me from my reverie.
I looked out the window where the kids were playing.
"Mommy, mommy, look at me," cried my little 5 year old boy, Gabriel. He was trying to run back and forth from tree to tree faster and faster.
"Watch out for your sister, I told him, as my 3 year old daughter trailed behind her older brother. She was walking fast trying to keep up with him, but she was still a bit shaky and I was afraid she'd fall. Our dog was jumping around Gabriel while he was running. After a bit, Gabriel turned his attention to him and tried his best to keep the dog calm.
"Down Wubbie, down boy" Gabriel said, over and over. Eventually, Wubbie laid
down on the grass and Gabriel and Anna started to pet his back. I was watching intently through the window as all of this transpired, when Leo, my husband, came in behind me, very silently. It wasn't until he had his arms around my waist that I even realized he was there. He gave me a soft kiss on my cheek.
I looked up at him. There in his eyes, I saw the endless love I have for him. I really could see forever in his eyes. My day was perfect just perfect waking up beside him.
I tiptoed and kissed him on his lips.
I love you....
No comments:
Post a Comment