Sunday, January 06, 2008

Can Ex's be friends?

Who was I kidding thinking that I'd get up at 8.30 am after staying up until 7 am? It's safe to say that I slept through my alarm and never made it to mass. I figured I might as well do something useful and started to clean up the house.
I entered my old room to see a Winnie the pooh pillow, white stuffed bear gifts from Psycho ex #3 and a Sagittarius stuff toy from Barcelona from Bogs the summer he went there.

I can't even look at these things. Its only out of principle that I haven't thrown them out, as they were gifts. But 4 years later, maybe I should. I look at them and get queasy all the way to my stomach. It reminds me of all my mistakes. With the exemption of Anthony, Psycho ex and Bogs, I can be friends who at one point declared the "love" (or at least interest) in me. That's JP. ....
anyone else? Anyway, for some, I'm just over reacting and yes, you can be friends. If the friendship is strong enough, if you've been through a lot of things. It can work. You don't have to lose the friend.

But everybody is different. They deal with things in different ways, so its not good to generalize. Given my track record, I can therefore conclude that I better walk away from the fire before I get burnt.

No comments: