I was feeling weary overall, but just as excited to go. With ID card in one hand and airline receipt in another, I ventured off. When I left Italy, it was sunny, warm and beautiful. I reached Brussels and it was grey, raining and depressing. Nice. My weekend was off to a "promising" start. I arrived at 5.30ish pm. My feet were hurting from all the walking I had to do to get out of the airport.
After 15 minutes of running and following the exit signs. I made it to the train station and bought 2 tickets for Midi. My knight in shinning armour was actually armed with an umbrella, which came in useful. Leo met me at Midi coming straight from work. We headed home and I got out of my *awful* boots (which I would have to wear for the remainder of the trip-yes, the one that just started) and rested up with Leo. He made dinner! He's a really good cook. But since it was the Greek Good Friday (as if, one Good Friday wasn't enough for me), we had to eat fast-able kind of foods. He made pasta with red sauce.
After dinner and lounging at home, we got ready to go out. You'd think it be to paint the town red, but as I've already mentioned, it was their Good Friday. We went to church to observe his traditions. It was really interesting, if I wasn't so tired and my didn't feet hurt.
I was falling half the time, and it wasn't until an hour later of hard riding that I got comfortable on it.
We didn't stay too late, being tired and all. We went back to the train station and headed back to Brussels. Overall, I loved the city and would go back the next time I'm in Belgium. I enjoyed it, especially after I got the hang of riding a bike.
No comments:
Post a Comment