Thursday, April 13, 2006

Second Chance

One of the things I love so much with Leo is that we both have the same passion to look back. Some people get bored that the conversation is reflection, but I love thinking back to "this time last year, or two years ago, or whatever year" I love that and Leo loves it too!
Last night we were talking about June 2002 up until August 2004. Actually, I was doing most of the talking because I was recapping. I looked back and realized that for that period I was spinning out of control. I was honestly very ashamed of myself. There were things that I couldn't even remember. I pushed it out of my memory. I was not proud of myself and that period I hit rock bottom. It took a lot to get me where I am now, and even that is a continual process of learning, experimenting and faith.

I'm very grateful for getting a second chance to fix things. To make myself better. I'm grateful for every opportunity that comes my way. After a month of submitting my visa application form to the UK embassy, I FINALLY got my visa issued today. They really wouldn't let up with my requirements. They issued a four month visa so I have to make sure I use it up! I planned to do it this week or at least next week, however I got an sms from my boss saying "stay tuned, we're almost there...more to come in the following week" Had the UK issued my visa earlier, then I would have been there now! I would have gone back with Leo! But in anycase, I'm not complaining. I have my visa and fingers crossed, I hopefully will have a stable job. I have a man whom I love so completely, and who feels the same way about me. I have a loving and supportive family who are all in good health.

This holy week, my dad and I didn't observe it as tradition would dictate. Nevertheless, this Easter when Christ will be ressurected on Sunday, I can't help but feel I've been given another shot to doing things right. I will be reborn. I am reborn.

No comments: