Luckily JR was in town and he carried the damn thing (it's heavy!) from the house to the car. I couldn't carry it. It was an ordeal to bring it home the first time (from the Don's to my house, so I wasn't looking forward to bringing it back).
Anyway, the Don had been in Kenya for a month and so the computer was at home for that period of time. Originally, we were suppose to leave the office together to go home and get it and bring it to wherever he was staying. Then the lightbulb in my head went off...since JR was around, why not ask him to bring it. Poor boy. According to him, it was probably 120lbs in weight, if not more. Anyway, we brought the computer in and the Don was informed accordingly.
We changed our plans. He just said to leave the computer in his office. So I looked for a trolley and we brought the computer from the car to his desk. Upon returning the trolley, I realized that I wasn't going to have any time anymore with him.
This is the DON. I've known him since forever. My friend, my brother, my crutch when I'm so wasted and can't walk straight. and now it's real. He will no longer be around for last second tea's or breakfast or drinks or dinners. He's moving. He's gone.
We were at the elevators when I just broke down crying. I fled the scene and left him there.
I wrote him an email to apologize later on....
"I know we’ll always be friends.
But it’ll be different. Simply because it will be.
It was reassuring knowing you were around. My older brother in the office who was always watching out for me.
Knowing that when i really needed you...you were there.
And I was always here to listen to your adventures – which I thoroughly enjoyed listening to.
You may have not realized it, but you do mean a lot to me and you’re a huge part of my life.
I’m just sad to have to give that up – i knew it was going to happen eventually (you leaving) but I guess I always thought that you were going to be there.
So thank you for everything. For being you and for being my friend."
Yes, I know. People come and go in life. It's just sad when they have to. (it's been 2 hours, I'm still crying! my colleagues have already come up to me asking me whats wrong! argh! how embarrassing)
No comments:
Post a Comment