Saturday, August 07, 2010

Lately, I've...

been obsessing about all things Spanish.
1. The World Cup
Watching the World Cup with Leo has genuinely gotten me interested in the sport. With the Spanish National Team winning the World Cup, it coincided with my desire to learn spanish. What did that translate for me? Lots of late nights watching everything I could about them.
This clip is my favorite by far of the Spaniards Celebrating. There's just something about them that makes them so likeable, that long after the World Cup, I was still wanting to know more *cough*cyber stalking*cough* the players. Which introduces me, to...
2. FC Barcelona
6 out of the 11 starting line up players for the National Team belong to Barcelona. My favorite players being Xavi, Piquè and Iniesta, who all played in South Africa. Iniesta was the player that scored the winning goal. I searched and watched all I could about them and most videos were in Spanish without subtitles! So I had to watch some videos more than once to understand what was going on. In one of the interviews with Iniesta, he introduced his neighbours/friends, Estopa, who currently is on repeat on my Ipod.
3. Como Camaròn
I didn't associate that Camarones, the dish we have in the Philippines, actually relate to the Prawns themselves. Although the title is a bit silly, Like A Prawn, I absolutely adore this song!


So for these top three reasons, I haven't been blogging. Of course, there's work as well and crazy filled weekends...and oh, a week holiday spent in Poros, Greece *wink* which is a post all for itself.

No comments: