New York, the next destination.
Seems like ALL my friends are getting jobs in New York. Mayra, who left last month, leaving a gapping hole in me, is there right now. Fabrizio is next up on the list. He starts with UNDP on 1 September 2010.
Drinks at Beer Oasis, Testaccio.
L-R: Rashad, Mary, FABRIZIO, Viviana, Me, Rodrigo and Rob.
Fabri, didn't want to organize anything. AT ALL. Seriously, we had a conversation and he adamantly insisted on not wanting to organize a dinner and he hated surprises. That kind of deflated me. But only just a bit. I grabbed Rashad and propsed drinks to Fabrizio. The intention really was just the 3 of us. But I remembered, Vivi was a friend too and Rob, when approached about the idea, was willing. Afraid that the drinks would bomb if it was just us, I contacted Mayra about Fabrizio's other friends, so Rodri and Mary showed it. Literally, I had a day to confirm Fabrizio wasn't standing me up and getting these people together at a certain time and place. I had my fingers crossed, Fabri wasn't going to get pissed. Luckily, he actually had fun. He liked the number of people and it was great over all. Just realizing now, that beer really makes you pee fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment