so we've been going to this particular butcher in trastevere called, Pascarella - kasher meat.
the butchers are all nice and if its not the head boss serving me, its this other guy called Emiliano. Emi is a sweetheart. All the butchers are nice and friendly and with my limited italian, are even helpful. But Emi likes to make fun of me and joke with me sometimes.
Yesterday was particularly fun.
He hadn't seen me when I walked in. He was busy serving another customer. When he looked up and he saw me, he paused and broke into a smile, "A bella". Ciao Emi.
He finished his customer and I was being attended to by Daniele. He looked over at me, you want a coffee? No thank you. After a bit i didn't understand what was going on, Daniele looked at me and said, Emiliano will attend to you now. OK. Emi at least already knows what I like and how much and what to do....so that was nice.
So I was going up and down the aisle and he was yelling from a far to me, Amore, che altro che serve? Love, what else do you need? Tesoro, basta cosi? Darling, is that it?
I wanted to try the sausages but wasn't sure which one to try. The other younger butcher came up... I made them you know. The others were making fun of him. Si, si, Ho fatto io con l'amore (I made it with love, literally) the guys cracked up laughing, non si dice cosi (you don't say it like that), you say, ho fatto con il cuore (i made it with my heart). Emi puts everything into my bag and gives me the receipt so I can pay. I go off and pay and I come back and he's in another conversation. Emi, is everything in here. Yes, love. Ok Ciao.
I'm in the car and he comes out to give me some chicken that he hasn't put into the bag yet. So I ask him, why do you treat me so badly? nnoooo love don't say that. I came out here for you.
We laughed it off and i went to get the kids.
it's nice to just be noticed.
the butchers are all nice and if its not the head boss serving me, its this other guy called Emiliano. Emi is a sweetheart. All the butchers are nice and friendly and with my limited italian, are even helpful. But Emi likes to make fun of me and joke with me sometimes.
Yesterday was particularly fun.
He hadn't seen me when I walked in. He was busy serving another customer. When he looked up and he saw me, he paused and broke into a smile, "A bella". Ciao Emi.
He finished his customer and I was being attended to by Daniele. He looked over at me, you want a coffee? No thank you. After a bit i didn't understand what was going on, Daniele looked at me and said, Emiliano will attend to you now. OK. Emi at least already knows what I like and how much and what to do....so that was nice.
So I was going up and down the aisle and he was yelling from a far to me, Amore, che altro che serve? Love, what else do you need? Tesoro, basta cosi? Darling, is that it?
I wanted to try the sausages but wasn't sure which one to try. The other younger butcher came up... I made them you know. The others were making fun of him. Si, si, Ho fatto io con l'amore (I made it with love, literally) the guys cracked up laughing, non si dice cosi (you don't say it like that), you say, ho fatto con il cuore (i made it with my heart). Emi puts everything into my bag and gives me the receipt so I can pay. I go off and pay and I come back and he's in another conversation. Emi, is everything in here. Yes, love. Ok Ciao.
I'm in the car and he comes out to give me some chicken that he hasn't put into the bag yet. So I ask him, why do you treat me so badly? nnoooo love don't say that. I came out here for you.
We laughed it off and i went to get the kids.
it's nice to just be noticed.
No comments:
Post a Comment