Tuesday, April 03, 2018

champions league

in europe, they take the sport football very seriously. each city has their team (most of the time) and the fans are fanatics.
it's the quarter finals of 2018s champions league and the italians are up against the spaniards. the spaniards are quite easily the better team. if i said that out loud here, i'd probably get beaten up. seriously. so tonight, Juventus (Turin) vs Real Madrid and tomorrow night FCB (Barcelona) VS AS Roma. As of writing, Juve vs Real Madrid are in their 64th minute score is 0-1. No surprise.
When i was speaking to some of my friends who are Roma fans they were all very pessimistic. While I'd love to gloat, I'd be afraid to jinx FCB's winning streak.
I became a fan years ago when the team was still under Pep Guardiola. I was starting to learn spanish and needed some spanish inspirations. They were amazing. (I haven't been following since but I'm sure they are still doing just fine). Most of the players were also on the national team and Spain had been winning back to back.
They are more seasoned in tournaments such as these but I won't gloat until AFTER they win, don't want them to lose.
I was talking with Emiliano at the bar today, the match is on tomorrow. He's like, no, the match is on today, it's juve vs real, ah ok. well, i support barca he's like, oh no. don't tell anyone here that.
earlier i stopped by the butchers to stock up on food as kuya will be coming next week. made small chit chat and on my way out, was like, so, gooo barca!
the very noisy butcher shop suddenly became very silent. the most senior butcher looked at me and said, we don't say profanities in this business.
they really do take this football thing seriously.
please FCB, don't let me down!

No comments: