Wednesday, August 29, 2012

*pause*

This past summer has been hectic. I didn't go on holiday like I normally would have. No out of town trips. Nevertheless, I've been keeping busy. I've been trying to leave the office at 5 sharp to go to Fregene or Passoscuro, the nearby beaches, to destress, switch off and have fun.

I've also gone wandering around the City Center late at nights, discovering the hidden treasures and back alleys, pubs and restaurants at my disposal. One rare night, I was walking along the Cavour back streets that open up to the Colosseum. It was quite a surprise to find yourself walking on cobblestones with no proper orientation of where you are to end up face to face with the Colosseum. It was very pretty and it took my breathe away.

On one such night, I found myself walking the halls of La Sapienza, one of the main universities in Rome. It was a dreamy night where Rome wasn't too hot and not windy to walk around it.

Things are relatively quiet at work hence the new posts/updates. My laptop has unfortunately died and I'm going to have to save to buy a new one. I'm cutting off internet at home so I can save money. So for the moment, I'm blogging from the office.

My current pause state could be attributed to lack of sleep. I haven't slept at all last night. So I'm presently in Zombie mode. I hope I snap out of it soon as I can't take much more of this.

No comments: