Tuesday:
Last day of work for me, and as always, when you're rushing to be early you end up being way late. I left the house and was half way to the office when I realized I forgot my cell phone. Since I was travelling and Wednesday, was my birthday, I decided that I just had to go home and get it.
Left again from the house to realize that I had forgotten my watch and ring which was really important for me. So I went back and then I ran into my landlord who told me one of my pipes were leaking, so I had to fix that first before heading back to the office. Work was a panic for me as I tried to finish as much as possible and leave nothing to my colleagues. At lunch, I went out to buy take away chinese and we munched in the office. After lunch, my colleagues surprised me with clothes as my birthday gift from H&M! I super love what I got.n After work, Nata brought me to the airport where I waited a bit for my flight. The enitre evening was uneventful. We left on time and arrived a little early. Brussels airport is a maze for those who haven't been in it. Simply getting out, rivals the Dubai airport. It takes approximately 15 minutes to "run out" of there...and I was rushing because I wanted to see Leo who was waiting for me to arrive.
We made it back to his house where my favorite, Pizza Hut was waiting for us! I was so excited to give him his chrismtas present, I begged him to open it as I said it would be useful for us. I got him a Nikon coolpix S3000.I didn't bring my small olympus anymore, trusting we would use his. It was past midnight and my mom and dad had called me wishing me a happy birthday. Poor Leo, he had to get up early the next day.
Wednesday:
Leo woke me up when it was time for him to leave. I had to lock the door as he only had one set of keys. I went back to sleep, or at least I tried. Around 9.30, when I couldn't stay in bed anymore, I got up to the computer/dining table and found a beautiful red rose there and a card that said HAPPY BIRTHDAY on it.
I was already crying before I had finished reading the card.
Leo's leave wasn't approved which was why I flew out to Brussels. However, he took half a day so he came home and we had lunch together. Which was really nice. He had planned that we go Ice Skating for my birthday, since I kept bugging him, I wanted to try Ice Skating. He absolutely loathes the sport, so I was really touched when we went. I kinda got the hang of it and Leo was having fun, but my euphoria of "skating" was short lived when after an hour, I fell onto my ass. HARD. We couldn't stay all night because Leo had reserved a restaurant for us at 8.30. So at 8pm sharp, we turned in our skiis, and headed back to the Grand Place.
Leo took me to this chic restaurant that overlooks that Grand Place which has a light and sound display show. We got to watch the show from the comfort of our seats in the warmth of the restaurant.
After dinner, we went home to where the cake was waiting for us and of course, presents! :) I got a beautiful bathroom from Leo, it was exactly what I was looking for. and A great way to end my day.
Thursday:
Began my project, Before and After. Leo's bathroom needed some love and that's exactly what I showed it.
Lunch was with Leo at this italian restaurant across his office. He went back to work and I started cleaning again. The weather was cold outside, so I didn't feel like going out.
I had accidentally ruined my skirt while cleaning, so I went out and bought myself some clothes :) before dinner. There's this french place Leo's been dying to try out and the food was excellent! It was really worth trying it.
Friday:
Angel's Wedding.
Neither me or Kari made it to the event. Ging was nice enought to upload mobile pictures live. Had lunch with Leo and then walked around the Christmas market. The Christmas market was literally 2 minutes walk from Leo's house. So I took my time checked everything out. Discovered, there's such a thing as Hot Wine. I didn't try it though. When Leo got back from work, we went out again to the market and bought donut balls and watched people ice skate. We Christmas shopped for gift ideas for his family and even bought one thing for his brother.
That night I was so sad to leave on Saturday morning, because I hadn't had a full day with Leo. I begged him to let me spend an unreasonable amount of money just so I could stay one day more but he, being the logical, careful with money guy, wouldn't hear it. I cried myself stupid, but he would not relent. I would go with the ticket I bought.
Saturday:
Leo had arranged to see a house before I left and we saw it together. It was interesting to see how Leo was on these visits and how inquisitive he is. We compliment each other, as things I didn't think of asking, he'd ask and things he barely noticed, I did. We were late getting to the appointment, so we missed our original bus for the airport. We caught the second bus but that really took us to the limit. We arrived at the airport and we started crying goodbye. I had to go straight in. We both knew why we were sad. Next Friday, I'm off to Manila, so I can calm my bratty mom down. I won't see Leo until 31 December. That's 20 days. We've never gone that long without seeing each other. The most we've ever done was 14.
No comments:
Post a Comment