Yesterday, I attended the First communion of a family friend. It was Belli's first communion. The italians around me made a huge fuss. You think the Filipino family setting is huge-the italians can rival us. Although, objectively, we are much more. The parents were there, uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents and in the case of divorced parents, they even brought their partners.
What's the big deal?
It's just the first communion. After this celebration, the parents won't take the kids to church on Sunday anyway.
But that's just the thing.
We no longer make a fuss over our firsts - when we should! Our first kiss, shouldn't be any kiss... anything that happened as an accident or out of curiousity. Nor should we exaggerate. We don't have to announce it to the entire world.
What I'm trying to say is, value our firsts. I'm not saying, wait until you get married, but wait until you feel everything is right. The back seat of car is not ideal and I don't think could ever be the right setting, and it does make a difference.
When you feel it and we're not talking about hormones here - everything is right, and you're ready. Not because you're curious, not because there was pressure (no pun intended), not because you were even horny! Simply because you were ready and wanted to.
I feel so sad for the people who have done things without valuing them. There is no excitement to their life. They cease to wonder and be amazed of even the little things.
I love sharing the smallest joys with leo. Watching the sun set, watching the moon rise, seeing a cute baby. We cherish these things. They aren't spectacular but they are meaningful.
No comments:
Post a Comment